The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is the systematic manipulation of soft tissue to improve comfort and function. It is a relaxing treatment with immediate benefits that include stress relief and the reduction of tension, soreness and fatigue.
With time and continuity, the deeper benefits of massage include relief from chronic pain or discomfort, better immunity and less reliance on medications. It helps the body to regulate itself, and it promotes a deeper sense of body awareness and well-being.
I typically schedule massages in 30, 60, and 90 minute sessions. During that time, we can use any combination of Swedish or therapeutic techniques that are right for you.
Massage Therapy can:
- alleviate back pain
- reduce the frequency and severity of migraines
- speed recovery from injuries
- reduce TMJ pain
- take pressure off arthritic joints
- improve balance and posture
- ease the discomforts of pregnancy and labor
- regulate sleep patterns
- increase circulation, thereby decreasing blood pressure and edema
- speed athletic recovery
- create muscle length and flexibility
- heal scar tissue
- improve skin tone
- soothe fibromyalgia pain
- relieve physical symptoms of anxiety and depression
- 30 Minutes: $40
- 60 Minutes: $70
- 90 Minutes: $90
I accept cash, checks, credit and debit cards. You may be able to use your HSA card; check with your benefits administrator for details.